Pensmith STEM International has partnered with Get Better Skill and Formula One in Schools (Thailand) to develop Thailand’s only Formula One in Schools Centre for Excellence which supports the development and promotion of STEM education in Thailand and specifically the Formula One in Schools STEM competitions.
Our Centre is home to the Formula One in Schools (Thailand) In-Country Coordinator (ICC) and his team, a 25 m race track, CNC machine, wind and drag testing equipment.
We provide the following services :
- teacher training
- Summer Schools (students)
- Summer School (teachers)
- car manufacture
- car testing
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 085-155-8888
2018/2019 F1 in Schools Race Season
I am delighted to welcome you to the F1 in Schools STEM challenge and to the inaugural 2018/2019 racing season in Thailand.
The F1 in SchoolsTMSTEM challenge is a multi-disciplinary STEM challenge open to all Primary and Secondary schools in Thailand where teams of students aged 9 to 19 deploy CAD/CAM software to collaborate, design, analyse, manufacture, test, and then race miniature compressed air powered balsa wood F1 cars. Teams of 3 – 6 students are judged on car speed, as well as supporting evidence of their design, verbal presentation and marketing display.
The prize at stake here is not only the title of champions, but also the chance to represent Thailand at the 2019 F1 in Schools World Finals, which will be contested by over 50 countries and runs alongside an international F1 Grand Prix.
This year the pre-qualifying races will be held throughout the race season in preparation for competing at the Bangkok Finals in March 2019.
Rules and Regulations are issued to hosts of Pre-qualifying races. These documents give you all the information needed to compete in the pre-qualifying and Bangkok Finals during the 2018 – 19 season, to attend on Race Day and compete for a chance to be crowned Regional Champions.
Best of luck, we look forward to seeing you on Race Day!
F1 in Schools STEM Challenge
Spanning age ranges of 9 to 19 our main objective is to help change the perceptions of science, technology, engineering and maths by creating a fun and exciting learning environment for young people to develop an informed view about careers in engineering, Formula 1, science, marketing and technology.
F1 in Schools Ltd is a social enterprise working with committed industry partners to provide an exciting yet challenging educational experience through the magnetic appeal of Formula 1. F1 in Schools is the only truly global educational programme that raises awareness of STEM and Formula 1 among students and school children in every region, in every country, on every continent.
Offering a way to learn Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) related subjects in such an exciting way is achieving great results and we know we are increasing the intake of students into Engineering careers. We are privileged to have the support of the Formula 1 community – in particular Mr Chase Carey and, of course, the Formula 1 teams who make our students welcome in the F1 paddock and in their factories.
There are many success stories who have actually come through our initiative and have gone on to achieve significant outcomes in their lives including positions in Formula 1 teams.
As F1 in Schools moves into the future we will continue to expand into more and more countries. This is largest and most successful school based STEM program in the world and we will continue to grow on our success.
- F1 in Schools Ltd is a not-for-profit company established with committed partners to provide an exciting yet challenging educational experience through the magnetic appeal of Formula 1.
- F1 in Schools the only global multi-disciplinary challenge in which teams of students aged 9 to 19 deploy CAD/CAM software to collaborate, design, analyse, manufacture, test, and then race miniature compressed air powered cars made from F1 model block.
- It is a unique global platform for the promotion of Formula 1 and partners to a youth market.
- Teams must raise sponsorship and manage budgets to fund research, travel and accommodation.
- The challenge inspires students to use IT to learn about physics, aerodynamics, design, manufacture, branding, graphics, sponsorship, marketing, leadership/teamwork, media skills and financial strategy, and apply them in a practical, imaginative, competitive and exciting way.
- The founding constitution of F1 in Schools stipulates that it is, and shall remain, a not-for-profit organisation. Funds raised through sponsorship are invested in administering, developing and expanding the challenge. All income is deployed in accordance with guidelines laid down by Formula 1.
Testing and Manufacture
The F1 STEM Centre at Penmsmith STEM International is the only authorised F1 in Schools Manufacturing Centre in Thailand.
Our Centre is home to a CNC machine and a 25 m race track and wind/drag testing equipment.
Manufacture and testing dates available at our Test Centre will be issued on a first come, first served basis and may be dependant on timetabling commitments within our centre.
Our Centre is equipped with CNC hardware that allows remote machining of your F1 car designs. Simply contact us to discuss your requirements, we will confirm fees payable, once we have received the fees you can e-mail your CAD design or CNC file. We will then arrange for the production and return shipment of your F1 car design model. We do permit visits by groups of students accompanied by their teacher, wishing to experience the machining processes first hand.
Our standard service is 10 working days, an express service is available for an additional fee.
F1 Test Track
We have a permanent set up race track to allow testing of your F1 cars. Please contact us to arrange to test your F1 in Schools car. We only permit cars created with the official F1 in Schools Model Blocks to use this facility.